Most spiders are not dangerous, but some can cause a nasty bite infection. Truth is, most of us just prefer not to encounter spiders around our homes.
Let’s get real. If Dorothy moved here from Kansas, she would surely be chanting, “Spiders, and midges, and mosquitoes – oh my.”
In a prime midge and mosquito locale, like St. Johns County, Florida, spiders are aplenty! When mosquitoes and midges show up around our homes in droves, hungry spiders are bound to follow. You might notice intricate spiderwebs popping up outside your home, and rest assured this is because spiders have found fantastic food sources there. So, how do you best control spiders around your home and property?
Inside your home, here are some helpful tips for spider control:
1. Set spider traps. Sticky glue traps designed to catch and kill spiders can be effective if you place them in high-traffic areas.
2. Remove spider webs. Use a vacuum with a hose attachment to remove spider webs from your home.
3. Use peppermint oil. To get rid of spiders without chemicals, use peppermint oil. Because it emits a strong scent, peppermint oil will repel spiders. For best results, add 15-20 drops of essential oil to a spray bottle full of water and spritz it anywhere you’ve noticed spider activity.
4. Use vinegar. If you want to get rid of spiders without killing them and without pesticides, vinegar is an excellent natural spider repellent. Fill a spray bottle half full with white vinegar and half full with water and spray the mixture into the corners of your home to repel spiders.
5. Install screens. If you leave your doors and windows open during the day, install screens to keep spiders, aquatic midges, and mosquitoes out.
6. Be a clean freak: Keep a tidy home. Clean it regularly. Remember to vacuum all corners, under all furniture, and even your ceilings using your vacuum’s extendable hose to remove cobwebs and spider webs. Clean houses make it harder for spiders to find hiding spots that allow them to stay in your home.
7. Remove clutter. Clutter provides hiding spaces for spiders. With this in mind, remove as much clutter from your home as possible. Get rid of old magazines and newspapers, cardboard boxes, and piles of clothes.
8. Rethink your storage. Instead of storing your belongings in cardboard boxes, store them in airtight plastic containers. In addition to preventing spiders from hiding inside the boxes, this will keep your belongings safe from dust and moisture damage.
Need a Spider Control Company in the Jacksonville Area?
Because spiders feed on nuisance pests, such as midges and mosquitoes, Mosquito Squad of Northeast Florida can help control the spider population around your home in a couple of ways. The first way is by spraying your yard with our highly effective mosquito control and midge control barrier protection formula. One way to send spiders packing is to interrupt their food source.
Mosquito Squad is here to serve your needs for a spider control company, mosquito control company, and midge control company all rolled into one! In addition to controlling spiders by eliminating midges and mosquitoes, our barrier protection spray will also eliminate spiders.
Mosquito Squad, A Midge, Mosquito, and Spider Control Company You Can Trust in St. Johns County, Florida
A tried and trusted source for pest elimination and control, Mosquito Squad offers an automatic misting system installation that will allow you to control when you want your yard sprayed. This provides constant treatment without repeated visits. Mosquito Squad also has your refills covered, so you don’t have to worry.
We are proud to acknowledge that Mosquito Squad maintains an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and has been accredited since 2011. The BBB takes into account Mosquito Squad’s devotion to responding to customer feedback.
Call on Mosquito Squad of Northeast Florida to be your spider control company throughout the Jacksonville, Florida area. Get in touch with us at (904) 844-0816.