Seven Expert Tips for Mosquito Control
Mosquitoes carry a variety of diseases that can be deadly, such as West Nile Virus and Malaria. If you’re not sure how to control the mosquito population in your yard, our mosquito control experts are always ready to help. Below our team of highly trained technicians provides you with helpful tips to protect your family and home from mosquitoes.
- Tip: Get rid of standing water in your outdoor spaces. Standing water may be in your child’s plastic toys, areas underneath downspouts, plant saucers, or dog bowls. Other areas may include traps, gutters, and flat roofs.
- Toss: Remove excess grass, leaves, firewood, and grass-clippings from your yard.
- Turn: Turn over larger yard items that could hold water, like children's portable sandboxes, plastic toys, or birdbaths.
- Remove Tarps: If tarps stretched over firewood piles, boats, or sports equipment aren't taut, they may be holding water that you should remove.
- Take Care: Take care of home maintenance needs that can lead to standing water. This includes cleaning out gutters, making sure downspouts are adequately attached, keeping your grass cut low, and check irrigation systems for leaks.
- Team Up: Despite taking all precautions in your own home, talking to neighbors is a crucial component to mosquito and tick control. Homes with little space between lots can mean that mosquitoes breed at a neighbor’s house and affect your property.
- Treat: Utilize a mosquito elimination barrier treatment around your home and yard.
How to Control the Mosquito Population
Implementing the 7 T’s of mosquito control is essential to protect you and your family from bites and diseases. However, there are other things you can do that can help you eliminate mosquitoes from your yard. For example, using a barrier treatment reduces the need for using DEET-based bug repellent on the body. Mosquito Squad's barrier treatment eliminates up to 90% of the mosquitoes and ticks on a property. Applied by our professional applicator, the Barrier Protection Treatment continues to work for up to 21 days. Our team will remind you in advance of upcoming services and leave you a notice that we’ve visited. Our service is automatic, so you don’t need to be home during the application. The best part is that your children and pets only need to wait 30 minutes before returning to the yard!