If you are heading out for long weekend camping trips throughout the area, here are some great Gallatin tick control tips!
‘Tis the season for converging on the scene of your favorite camping spots and RV parks in the Gallatin TN area. Ticks love woodlands; and they’re rampant this year. Keep yourself, your kids, and your pets safe this year by following these tick safety tips for happy camping!
Gallatin tick control starts with steps to take before you leave the house
1. Know where ticks are found:
• Ticks can be found in a variety of locations, but it’s generally safe to assume that any tall grass, low-to-the-ground shrubs or wooded plants have ticks in them. Ticks can even be found in your own backyard.
• If you walk through grass as high as your ankles, it’s safe to assume that you could potentially be carrying a tick. Think about the walk you’re about to take and plan accordingly.
2. Cover up as much as possible:
• Limit the amount of exposed skin! A tick can’t bite you if it can’t find anything to bite. Wear closed-toed shoes, shin-high socks and long pants.
• Tucking your pant legs into your socks can be one of the most effective and easiest ways to prevent transmission.
3. Potentially treat your clothing with permethrin:
• Permethrin is an insecticide that repels ticks and prevents them from grabbing onto your clothing. It can be sprayed on clothing, shoes or even gear such as backpacks!
• This preventative measure does take some planning ahead, as it does take a few hours for the clothing or gear to dry after being treated. That being said, it lasts for 3-4 weeks, so you can easily prep ahead of time!
Gallatin tick control continues after you return
1. Check your clothing for ticks:
• Ticks love to hang onto clothing, and can be brought into your home this way. Carefully inspect all outer layers of clothing and gear for ticks.
• To kill any ticks found on clothing, you can put them in a tumble dryer for 10-15 minutes, and the heat should overwhelm them. If the clothes are dirty, wash them in hot water. Make sure the water’s hot, because cold or lukewarm water will not kill the ticks!
2. Do a tick check:
• Inspect every part of your body for ticks, they can be as small as a poppy seed!
• Make sure to check between joints (behind the knees, elbows, armpits), behind your ears and anywhere covered in hair (behind the neck) as tics love warm, dark places.
3. Take a shower:
• Not only is it a great way to clean off after a fun hike, it’s also an easy way to wash off any unnoticed ticks, and a perfect time to do a tick check.
4. Check your pets:
• Ticks don’t discriminate, and love to jump onto any mammal that walks by. If you’ve gone hiking with your dog, make sure to check that they are tick-free as well.
Our Gallatin Tick Control Will Make You a Happy Camper at Home
Luckily for campers and outdoor enthusiasts alike, when you’re at home, you can take advantage of the very finest Gallatin tick control with Mosquito Squad.
Even though “mosquito” is in our name, disgusting, disease-bearing Gallatin ticks are well within our site – so much so that we have a powerful 1-2 combination to keep you free from Gallatin ticks.
At Mosquito Squad, we are proud to offer two distinct types of tick-control service:
1. Your Gallatin tick control baseline: Our traditional mosquito barrier treatment effectively kills ticks on contact.
2. Your Gallatin tick control extra measure of protection and prevention: Our tick tube treatment is an excellent strategy for eliminating ticks.Be a happy camper at home too, with professional Gallatin tick control. Call Mosquito Squad of Nashville at 615-492-3662.