Mosquito season in Las Cruces can begin as early as February and extend as late as November. This is due to Las Cruces' climate.
The mosquito population thrives in temperatures of 70°F or higher. Meanwhile, Las Cruces' cool-season typically runs from November 20 to February 17. During this time, the average temperature in Las Cruces falls below 65°F.
Outside of Las Cruces' cool season, the city boasts warm temperatures for most of the year. Las Cruces tends to attract mosquitoes more often than many other cities and towns nationwide. This long season is exponentially impacted once Monsoon season makes it way through as mosquitoes require a water source to reproduce. But, with the right approach to mosquito control, you can manage the mosquito population on your Las Cruces property.
How to Prepare for Mosquito Season in Las Cruces
Mosquito season in Las Cruces can seem daunting at first. Fortunately, there are several things you can do to plan for it. These include:
- Do not overwater your lawn or garden. Overwatering can lead to puddles on your lawn or garden that attract mosquitoes.
- Remove standing water. Clear out your gutters or any other items or debris that can collect standing water on your property.
- Eliminate tall grass and lawn debris. Keep your lawn free of tall grass and other debris.
- Change out water in your birdbath or ornamental pond at least twice a week. Do not let water in your birdbath or ornamental pond sit for too long.
- Change out your pet's water bowl every day. Do not let your pet's water bowl sit outdoors for an extended period of time.
Along with the aforementioned tips, it can be beneficial to partner with a Las Cruces mosquito control company. Then, you can receive amazing mosquito control services and expert tips and guidance as you get ready for mosquito season.
What to Expect from a Las Cruces Mosquito Control Company
Managing the mosquito population can be tricky. With a mosquito control company at your side, you're well-equipped to limit the mosquito population on your property now and in the future.
First, the company's experts can meet with you and learn about your mosquito problems. They can assess your property and help you determine the best course of action to alleviate these issues.
In many cases, a traditional mosquito treatment represents a great option for Las Cruces property owners. The treatment can be applied quickly and delivers results that last up to 21 days.
A natural mosquito treatment option is also available. This represents a terrific natural alternative to a traditional mosquito treatment. It works the same way as the traditional option. However, a natural mosquito treatment delivers results that usually last around 14 days.
Get Ready for Mosquito Season
Help yourself reduce mosquitoes on your property by following the 7 Ts of mosquito control. And if you're ready to enjoy your yard without being overrun by mosquitos, call our team today to request a free quote for the Las Cruces mosquito control treatment.