You may have questions about when do mosquitoes come out in Georgia. Ultimately, mosquitoes can come out as early as February in Georgia, depending on the weather. In some years, mosquitoes are problems that linger throughout the year.
There is no telling how a mosquito season will go in Georgia. However, those who know the dangers of mosquito season can plan accordingly. Regardless of how long the season lasts, we can protect against mosquitoes year-round.
When Is Mosquito Season in Georgia?
Georgia's mosquito season varies based on the weather. A "normal" season runs from March to October. But the weather can cause the season to start early and extend it into fall and winter.
The 2022 Georgia mosquito season appears to be getting underway. March is a little early, but the season won’t likely hit its peak until June. However, those who prepare now are well-equipped to minimize the impact of mosquitoes in the months to come.
How to Combat Mosquitoes in Georgia
Here are some of the best things you can do to protect against mosquitoes during Georgia's mosquito season.
1. Track the Weather
AccuWeather makes it easy to track mosquito weather conditions in Atlanta and other Georgia cities and towns. You can use AccuWeather's mosquito forecast to monitor temperatures. As temperatures rise, you may be increasingly susceptible to mosquitoes.
2. Examine Your Surroundings
Review the 7 T's of mosquito control to safeguard your family and home against mosquitoes:
- Tip: Remove standing water from outdoor spaces.
- Toss: Get rid of leaves, firewood, excess grass, and grass clippings from your yard.
- Turn: Turn over birdbaths, children's portable sandboxes, or any other items that can hold water.
- Target Tarps: Remove tarps that are stretched over firewood, sports equipment, or other items; if these tarps aren't taut, they can hold water that attracts mosquitoes.
- Take Care: Cut your grass and perform other home maintenance tasks to eliminate areas that can collect standing water.
- Team Up: Talk to your neighbors and work together to limit the risk of mosquitoes in your community.
- Treat: Apply a mosquito barrier treatment across your yard.
Remain diligent as you secure your surroundings against mosquitoes. In doing so, you can guard against mosquitoes for the entire season.
3. Partner with a Mosquito Control Expert
When in doubt about when mosquitoes come out in Georgia, get in touch with a leading mosquito control expert. Then, you can receive personalized support as you try to figure out when is mosquito season in Georgia and how to plan for it.
A top mosquito control expert, such as Mosquito Squad of the Greater Atlanta area, can answer questions surrounding when do mosquitoes come out in Georgia. Also, we can help you develop and implement a plan for mosquito season. Our team even provides tips, recommendations, and guidance to ensure you're protected against mosquitoes long into the future.
The Bottom Line on When Do Mosquitoes Come Out in Georgia
Mosquitoes come out in Georgia at different times. Regardless, you need to prepare for mosquito season, year after year. The sooner you start planning, the better off you'll be as you try to guard against mosquitoes and their annoying itchy bites.
Help yourself reduce mosquitoes on your property any time of year by following the 7 T's of mosquito control. And if you're ready to NOT have to worry about when mosquito season even is. Call our team today to request a free quote for Atlanta’s best mosquito control services.