Can Murfreesboro mosquito control really be aided by the color of our clothing and outdoor furnishings?
Mosquitoes like what they like! They target humans and animals by homing in on carbon dioxide with every exhaled breath. And while we cannot hope to effect full-blown Murfreesboro mosquito control by holding our breath, we can make ourselves less of a target by choosing colors that mosquitoes do not prefer!
You can put this in the “Now I have heard of everything” category. Mosquitoes are not color blind. In fact, a study found that when exposed to carbon dioxide, a gas humans constantly produce via exhalation, yellow fever mosquitoes (Aedes aegypti) developed heightened sensitivity to particular colors like red, orange, black, and cyan — predominantly long-wavelength visual cues.
As a result, they flew faster and dwelled longer around those colors. Meanwhile, they remained indifferent to other colors on the spectrum such as green, purple, blue, and white. Now isn’t that nice – the little varmints.
Let’s continue our Murfreesboro mosquito control science class today with this addition. Those researchers also found that the visual preferences of mosquitoes were genetically coded. Mosquitoes with a mutant copy of a gene that allowed mosquitoes to smell carbon dioxide, along with mosquitoes with a mutant copy of a gene that allowed them to see longer wavelengths of light, expressed muted color preferences.
Enough already. So how do we get rid of them for good? With Murfreesboro mosquito control from Mosquito Squad, of course.
Choose the Right Colors and the Right Murfreesboro Mosquito Control Company
As crazy as it sounds, now that you know how to dress and decorate outdoors, let’s talk about choosing the most effective Murfreesboro mosquito control for your home.
The finest and most trusted Murfreesboro mosquito control has 4 solutions to make mosquito bites a thing of the past. And that news just colors our day with a rainbow of sunshine.
1. Murfreesboro Mosquito Control Barrier Spray: For the last 17 years and counting, our Traditional Barrier Treatment has been countless mosquitoes’ worst nightmare. By applying our effective mosquito control treatment around your home and backyard, we can kill and keep mosquitoes away for up to 21 days.
2. Murfreesboro Mosquito Control Natural Spray: With the organic help of Mother Nature, our natural mosquito control eliminates mosquitoes on contact and establishes a robust defense. By treating areas where mosquitoes are known to breed, hide, and feed, we can effectively disrupt their life cycle and help keep them off your property. Our natural recipe consists entirely of essential oils and has a natural fragrance that many find pleasing. The aroma significantly fades within a few hours, but it will continue to defend against ticks and mosquitoes for up to 2 weeks.
3. Murfreesboro Mosquito Control Automatic Misting Systems: It’s a big job, but somebody’s gotta do it. If mosquitoes are a pervasive, non-stop problem around your Murfreesboro home, relax. If you’re in need of a more continuous mosquito control option, an automatic misting system may be perfect for your property. By combining Mosquito Squad’s expert service with an automatic misting system, your house will become a pest’s worst nightmare! The benefits of our mosquito misting systems include:
• Automated release
• Constant treatment
• Inconspicuous design
• Remotely controlled
• Automatic refills from Mosquito Squad
4. Murfreesboro Mosquito Control Special Event Sprays: Yes, you can take Murfreesboro mosquito control with you. When planning an outdoor wedding, graduation party or another outdoor event, don’t let buzzing, biting mosquitoes ruin your special day. Our special event treatments will keep mosquitoes off your guest list. Prior to your big day, we’ll lay down a barrier treatment that controls Murfreesboro mosquitoes. Our special event treatments will eliminate or significantly reduce the number of mosquitoes that bite guests and hover over food. We mist before food and dinnerware arrive so there is no opportunity for contamination. Once applied, it dries within 30 minutes and leaves no odor or visible residue. Notably, the mosquito control barrier will last the entire duration of your event so the celebration can continue into the night!