Top 10 Things You Should Do Around the House at the Beginning of SpringPosted by Mosquito Squad
March 16, 2018
As much as we all love the coming of spring there’s no denying the “To Do” list that comes with it. While “spring cleaning” indoors is the norm, we like to remind you to tackle your home indoors and out to help limit the onslaught of ticks and mosquitoes. Your list should look something like this:
- Clean out the garage
- Clean the outside of the windows
- Pick up any storm debris left in the yard (consider places ticks can breed)
- Power wash the deck and siding
- Plant flowers
- Clean the patio furniture
- Clear out any standing water in or around the yard
- Get the lawn mower serviced
- Trim the bushes
- Schedule seasonal pest control services
That last one is by far our favorite. At Mosquito Squad of Central Massachusetts and the North Shore, we guarantee our tick and mosquito barrier treatments will eliminate 85-90% of these pests from your property. And yet we are also pretty excited if your list includes cleaning up debris and emptying standing water because that means you know how important those things are when it comes to stopping the growth of the tick and mosquito populations. This joint effort is great for not only your own yard but your entire community.
No worries if you left those off your list. We’ve got them right here!