Fort Wayne Stink Bug Control
Eliminating Those Pesky Stink Bugs
Mosquito Squad of Fort Wayne & South Bend is an expert when it comes to eliminating pests from your yard, including stink bugs. Perhaps you didn’t know the small six-legged creature could be a problem. You may have been worried more about obvious pests such as mosquitos and ticks, which can cause terrible illnesses such as chikungunya, malaria, encephalitis, the West Nile virus, and Lyme disease. However, stink bugs can be just as problematic.
The Truth About Stink Bugs
The brown marmorated stink bug is not native to the United States. It was accidentally brought into the nation in 1998 and is actually native to Taiwan, Korea, Japan, and China. While this pest doesn’t bite or sting, it can release a smelly odor that is very pungent and can infest RVs and other recreational vehicles while they are being stored for the winter. The biggest problem is that this little stinker can be a gardener’s worst nightmare, and they are not shy about inviting their friends to exacerbate the problem.
This troublesome insect can cause substantial damage to these crops:
Populations have increased, causing grief to homeowners. Hordes of the vexing critters discourage healthy gardens and abundant harvests and can be overwhelming to eliminate without professional help.
There are several things you can do to prevent this pest from taking refuge in your house:
- In late July and August, treat the plants that are infected by the bugs with an insecticide.
- Use a wettable powder insecticide on your doors and windows in the early fall as well as spring. Be cautious when using insecticide inside your home. Make sure you follow the instructions carefully.
- Do not smash a stink bug. If you do, you will release a foul and regrettable smell from its body.
- Use caulk to seal off trim and baseboards as well as light fixtures, exhaust fans, chimneys, and other places that may contain cracks in your home.
- Cover foundation and attic vents with wire mesh.
For outdoor extermination, we can help you get rid of this burdensome pest. Our professionally trained team treats the exterior of your home to prevent any bugs from entering.
We want to help you get control of any stink bug problem you may have. This exterminating benefit is something we include with our standard mosquito treatment. Call us at (260) 204-8878 to have a free consultation!