Chigger Control in Greater Collierville
Ridding Your Home of Annoying Pests
Chiggers, classified in the same family as ticks, are small arachnids that can’t be seen by the human eye. These tiny creatures go through 4 life stages – egg, larva, nymph, and adult – and live for up to 3 months. During the larval stage, chiggers attach themselves to human or animal hosts and feed off their skin. The substance the chigger secretes to dissolve their host’s skin causes intense itching. Because chiggers can’t be seen, you may not know you have chiggers in your yard until after you have been bitten.
If you think you have a chigger infestation, Mosquito Squad® can inspect your property to identify areas where chiggers might be living, and we will treat the area with sprays that are effective at getting rid of these pests. We know chigger bites can cause discomfort to you, your family, and your pets, which is why we work promptly to get your chigger problem under control as quickly as possible.
For a free estimate, call us at (901) 295-5926.
Quick Facts About Chiggers
- Chiggers are about 0.1 to 16 mm in length
- They are reddish-brown or straw colored
- Chiggers do not fly or jump; they attach to their host as the host passes through grass or shrubs
- Chiggers can stay attached to their host for 2 to 3 days
- Only chigger larvae feed off human or animal hosts
- Adult chiggers eat the eggs of small insects
- Chigger larvae live in grassy areas
- They are active in spring, summer, and early fall when the temperature is between 77 and 86 degrees
Chigger Bite Symptoms
Unlike ticks and mosquitoes, chiggers don’t spread diseases. However, when they inject their saliva into your skin to feed, the substance causes flat or raised red areas that itch. The itching can be extremely uncomfortable and can last for a few days. Scratching too intensely at the bites could result in increased skin irritation and infections.
Getting Chigger Problems Under Control
To keep you and your family free of annoying chigger bites, contact Mosquito Squad®. Our technicians in Greater Collierville are committed to getting bug problems under control the first time we go out and spray around your home. If you are not 100% satisfied with the service, we will happily re-spray your yard at no additional charge.
Call us at (901) 295-5926 or contact us online for more information.