It would be impossible to avoid the entire mosquito population in St. Johns County. Here are our recommendations for bite relief and prevention.
Unfortunately, it’s just a fact of life. If you go outdoors, you are bound to encounter a mosquito in St. Johns, Florida. The mosquito control company near me wants you to know that If you hike, camp, or enjoy any outdoor activity, there is no surefire 100% method of protection. And since we cannot live in a bubble, having methods of relieving the mosquito bite itch is important.
As the trials and tribulations of daily life are often a challenge, the last thing you want to deal with is getting relief from an annoying – and potentially dangerous – mosquito bite.
Thanks to Mother Nature, there are some natural home remedies for St. Johns mosquito bites right in your kitchen that we recommend.
1. Oatmeal: It’s not just for breakfast anymore. Make an oatmeal paste by mixing equal amounts of oatmeal and water in a bowl until you have a spackle-like substance. Spoon some paste onto a washcloth and hold it, paste-side down, on the irritated skin for about 10 minutes. Then wipe the area clean. For many bites, try an oatmeal bath instead. Sprinkle 1 cup of oatmeal or ground oats into a bathtub full of warm water. Soak in the oatmeal bath for 20 minutes, occasionally rubbing some of the clumped oatmeal onto irritated areas of your skin.
2. Honey: Often used as a topping for breakfast oatmeal, honey is a common pick among home-remedy enthusiasts because it has many antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. A small drop on an itchy bite can reduce the inflammation. It should also reduce your temptation to itch, as itching skin covered in honey can create a sticky mess.
3. Baking Soda: Also found in the kitchen, sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) may also provide relief from a mosquito bite. Mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda with just enough water to create a paste. Apply it to the bug bite, and let it sit for 10 minutes before washing it away.
4. Basil: And since we’re in the kitchen, don’t forget the basil you’ve been saving for fresh tomato salad. To make a basil rub, boil 2 cups of water and add half an ounce of dried basil leaves. Leave the mixture to steep until it’s cool. Then dip a washcloth into the liquid, and rub it gently on your mosquito bites. Alternately, you can chop some fresh basil leaves up until very fine, and rub them on to your skin.
5. Vinegar: Speaking of tomato salad, for centuries, apple cider vinegar has been used as a natural remedy to treat many medical conditions, from infections to blood glucose problems. After a mosquito bite, if your skin itches, dab a drop of vinegar on it. The vinegar can help reduce stinging and burning sensations. It can also act as a natural disinfectant if you’ve been scratching too much. For more relief, try soaking a washcloth in cold water and vinegar, and then applying it to the bite. If you have many bites, dilute 2 cups of vinegar in a tepid bath and soak for 20 minutes. DO NOT USE A HOT BATH as that may make your itching worse.
6. Thyme: Just as Mosquito Squad has learned in crafting our essential oil natural mosquito control treatment near me, thyme may also help ease the itching of a mosquito bite. It has antibacterial and antifungal properties, so it can help reduce your risk of irritating and infecting the skin around a mosquito bite. To get the biggest benefit from thyme, finely mince the leaves. You can apply the leaves directly to your bite, and let them sit for 10 minutes. As an alternative, you can also make a concentrated liquid by bringing water to a boil, and adding several sprigs of thyme. Let the sprigs steep until the water is cooled. Then dip a washcloth into the thyme-infused water, and apply it to the bites. Leave the washcloth in place for a few minutes. For extra relief, wrap a thyme-soaked washcloth around an ice cube for a natural cooling effect.
Prevent mosquito bites with effective mosquito control St. Johns.
The classic adage is indeed true. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, and that prevention is best achieved with professional mosquito control in St. Johns Florida.
Our natural mosquito treatment eliminates mosquitoes on contact and establishes a robust defense. By treating areas where mosquitoes are known to breed, hide, and feed, we can effectively disrupt their life cycle and help keep them off your property. Our natural recipe consists entirely of essential oils and has a natural fragrance that many find pleasing. The aroma significantly fades within a few hours, but it will continue to defend against ticks and mosquitoes for up to 2 weeks. Don’t rely on store-bought natural repellants that deliver minimal results – choose our proven all-natural treatment today!