There are several types of gnats, which go by a variety of names.
As a matter of fact, it seems the word "gnat" is the only thing that some varieties have in common. For instance, some gnats bite, some do not. Some live outdoors, some live indoors. Some biting gnats are also known as biting midges and no-see-ums. Biting midges and no-see-ums, as well as black flies and sandflies, all gnats, are outdoor pests that can really be tough to get rid of. We can argue that they are harder to get rid of than indoor, non-biting gnats/fruit flies. Usually, if we eliminate their source of nourishment, like rotting fruit, garbage, and food waste, we can get rid of them. Sometimes, we might have to set up a gnat trap or two to finish the indoor job.
But how do we get rid of gnats outside?
If you are wondering how do I get rid of gnats outside your home, you're not alone. Fortunately, there are many simple and effective things that you can do to minimize the gnat population outdoors. These include:
- Clear out any clogged gutters and downspouts.
- Repair any leaky pipes.
- Avoid overwatering your plants and lawn.
- Keep your garbage cans clean and covered.
- Switch out any standard exterior light bulbs with low-voltage ones.
Along with these things, there are several ways to guard against gnat bites, such as:
- Wear long-sleeved shirts, pants, and other apparel and accessories that cover up your arms and legs.
- Apply an insect repellent to any exposed skin and reapply the repellent regularly when you're outdoors for a long period of time.
- Whenever possible, schedule outdoor events or activities in the morning or afternoon to avoid gnats that commonly become more active at night.
In terms of gnat control in El Paso, there is only so much you can do on your own. With Mosquito Squad of El Paso at your side, you are well equipped to protect yourself and others against gnats outside your home.
Biting Gnat Control in El Paso Is Proven and Effective
Do not expect the gnat problem at your El Paso home to disappear on its own. Lucky for you, Mosquito Squad makes it easy to get rid of gnats outside, as quickly and efficiently as possible.
We perform a gnat control barrier treatment that delivers exceptional results. First, we go to your home and learn about your gnat problem. Our technicians then make a plan to apply our barrier treatment in areas where gnats populate.
During our barrier treatment, we mist the ground for gnats. We track the results of your barrier treatment. Our team can return to your home at regular intervals to help you get the most value out of your gnat control investment.
We stand behind our gnat control services. If you are not 100% satisfied with your gnat control treatment, let us know, and we'll make things right.