In South Carolina, the number of confirmed Lyme Disease cases continues to rise according to the National Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). In 2012, we had 35 confirmed and 9 probable cases here in SC. In 2011, only 24 cases of Lyme Disease were reported for South Carolina showing an unfortunate but substantial growth rate.
Our Mosquito Squad service eliminates ticks on contact and continues to eliminate ticks in the treated area with our proprietary timed-release system. In addition, our tick tube program disrupts the tick lifecycle to eliminate even more ticks on your property. But, in order to maximize the effectiveness of these solutions, you will also need to be aware of tick hiding places and breeding areas in your yard. For example, a tick control product that is effective above ground cannot reach the ticks buried under a couple feed of brush or deep within large piles of leaves.
Utilizing Mosquito Squad for your yard and following these 6 C’s will provide the best protection for your yard.
6 C’s of Tick Control:
- “Clear” – Clear out debris which often accumulates in moist shady areas where ticks thrive. Also, steer clear of tall grass and shrubby areas.
- “Clean” – Eliminate leave litter, brush off sidewalks and mow down tall grass to cut down on the places ticks can harbor.
- “Choose” Select plants that aren’t attractive to deer. Deer are tick taxis, so do your best to avoid plants that that may entice them into your yard.
- “Check” Look for hiding places frequently. Ticks like to hide along the base of fences and brick or stone walls.
- “Care” be mindful of pets if they’ve spent any time outdoors. Ticks can easily hide in your pet’s fur. If your animals spend time in areas where ticks may be present, make sure you apply a topical tick medication.
- “Call” Give the pros a call. Mosquito Squad’s barrier treatment eliminates adult ticks, and our tick tubes do the same on nymph stage ticks.
When you choose our barrier treatment as part of your tick prevention program, these steps will make them more effective.
Utilize Mosquito Squad of Columbia for all your insect and pest control needs. We successfully treat and rid your yard and home of mosquitoes, ticks, spiders, fleas and termites.