Summer Time Summer Time Sum-Sum-Summer Time!
There is nothing like the warm rays of the sun hitting your skin. People emerging from the cocoons we’ve been stuck in all winter. The noise from outside activities, kids playing or riding bikes, the neighbor cutting his grass, maybe someone doing some edging….all of it saying “Come on out and enjoy!”
One thing for that makes it feel like summer for me is music – it’s like the soundtrack to the summer. For one reason or another Steve Winwood’s “Higher Love” is the song that signals the start of the summer for me.
I love throwing on a playlist and just enjoying a BBQ or just relaxing on the patio with friends and family. I thought I’d put a few of my favorites together for a “Sounds of Summer” track list. Here are a few that have to be there:
- Higher Love – Steve Winwood
- Hooked On A Feeling – Blue Suede
- Stuck in the Middle with You – Wheel
- Jump – Van Halen
- Friends in Low Places – Garth Brooks
- Something Like That – Tim McGraw
- Billie Jean – Michael Jackson
- One – U2
- When Doves Cry – Prince
- Livin’ on a Prayer -Bon Jovi
- Start Me Up – Rolling Stones
- Stand By Me – Ben E King
- Absolutely anything at all from Bob Marley, Jason Maraz, or Jack Johnson
- Anything from Tragic Kingdom album from No Doubt
- Reelin & Rockin – Chuck Berry — let’s add Jonny B Good too!!
- And to top it off a little Billy Idol!
Those are a few of my favorites – what are some of yours?
Keep your parties or outdoor events pest free a barrier treatment so you can jam to your favorite tunes. Give Mosquito Squad a call and rock on bug free!