Spice things up a bit next time you are grilling with this great BBQ sauce recipe. I’ve used it and received rave reviews! This is sweet and tangy sauce is a must for ribs or chicken ~ give it a try and you’ll see why!
Memphis Barbecue Sauce
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon mild chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
Melt butter in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add onion and garlic and saute until lightly browned. Add remaining ingredients (vinegar last), reduce heat and simmer over low for 20 minutes. Allow to cool. Optionally you can puree this sauce to make a smoother barbecue sauce.
Here is a link to this and other great sauces I found on About.com
Keep your BBQ pest free with a barrier treatment from Mosquito Squad!
Say Good Riddance to Mosquitoes!