Keep your grilled food tasting great by keeping your grill grates and utensils clean. Always check the owners guide for specifics of your items. Here are a few great cleaning tips you may want try:
Before you start – ALWAYS make sure items are cool so you don’t burn yourself!
- Wash utensils after every use to avoid cross contamination
- Use special care when cleaning – not everything can go in the dish washer=)
- Dip tips in bleach water to sanitize.
- Use a rag or sponge – Brillo pads can scratch your utensils
- Air Dry – this can help avoid rust spots for areas with hard water.
- Clear grill grates by preheating for a few minutes.
- Scrape away leftover derbies with a brush
- If your grates need additional care – when they are cool, soak them in soapy water for an hour and then scrub with a brush. Oven Cleaner may help with stubborn spots.
- Clean food particles off hood and exterior after every use -make sure you’ re grill is cool.
- Remove all soot and grease from hood
- Give everything a good rinse.
Steamers are another great way to blast off the grime that can build up.
Now you’re all set to get it dirty again -we recommend starting with our delicious BBQ sauce recipe – check out our post on Lip Smacking BBQ Sauce.
Grill pest free with a protective barrier spray from Mosquito Squad, THE mosquito and tick exterminator!