Florida’s climate of warmth and humidity provides the perfect setting for breeding and harboring spiders. In fact, Florida is home to over 20 species of spiders, some more dangerous than others and if bitten, you may need to seek immediate medical attention.
Do you know that Mosquito Squad of Tampa Bay treatments and misting systems not only treats for mosquitoes, no-see-ums, fleas and other biting insects, but spiders too. The more common spiders in our area, to name a few, include:
- Black Widows – These spiders are mostly nocturnal and are black with red markings. If you happen to get bitten, medical attention is almost always necessary.
- Brown Recluse – These can range from yellow to dark brown. If bitten their venom is poisonous and you may very well need medical attention.
- House Spiders – These are dark orange or brown. They can run quickly but if encountered they can bite as well.
- Daddy Long Legs – These bite as well and can be easily recognized by their long legs and their light brown or gray coloring.
- Jumping Spiders – You can recognize these by their jumping behavior, but more importantly they can also bite.
So be sure to contact “The Squad” today at (813) 534-5918 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how our treatments can also help you with spider control.