How to get rid of ticks before the bite!
Here is how to get rid of them with the 6 C’s
- Clear out yard debris
- Clean leaf litter
- Choose plants deer hate
- Check tick hiding places
- Care for pets with tick collars
- Call us for barrier sprays and tick tubes!
Did you know May is also Lyme Disease Awareness Month? Here are some quick facts on the disease…
- Lyme disease is transmitted in the U.S. by a variety of ticks of the genus Ixodes: the deer tick (Northeast and North-Central), the Western black-legged tick (Pacific Coast), and the black-legged tick (Southeast).
- Lyme disease was first discovered in Lyme, CT, in 1975.
- A corkscrew-shaped bacteria, Borrelia burgdorferi, of the spirochetes family, is the pathogen behind the disease.
- The disease can afflict other animals (dogs, for instance, which develop arthritic symptoms).
Stayed tuned to see how our office is Taking a bite out of Lyme Disease this month.