When you purchased your home near the eastern coast of Florida was a screened porch or screened in patio high on the priority list? Of course, you thought that this would be the best way to enjoy the outdoors even when the bugs were out. A screened enclosure is certainly a great thing to have whether it’s for nice dinners in the outdoors or just your morning coffee with the birds and noises of nature. However, it is not the total answer to avoiding the constant bug issues that come with living in Florida.
At Mosquito Squad of Melbourne-Port St. Lucie, we truly believe that every yard in this part of the country needs an automatic mosquito control misting system. Life in our beautiful corner of the world was meant to be enjoyed, relished even, but you can’t do that if you are constantly trying to avoid the pests that also relish our environment. Misting systems allow you to enjoy your entire yard, not only the part that is screened in. Let us give you just a few examples of what it can do for you even if you already have a screened pool enclosure.
- You can get out of the screened enclosure and play. Sitting inside is calm and nice, but it’s no substitute for real playing. Especially if you have kids… they need to be able to get out and use their energy in your yard. Mom needs them to be able to do that too!
- Screen enclosures and lanais are known to become covered with midges, spiders, and spider webs. Just because the bugs aren’t on you, that doesn’t make it any less creepy to be surrounded by them. Misting systems help control midges & spiders too!
- If you live near water you know the midges come out at night…. In hordes.
Misting systems can be timed just perfectly to keep them away. In fact, we’ve even placed nozzles on soffits for clients with particularly bad midge problems. Night time may be your favorite time to be out, don’t let them ruin it.
- Hurricanes. Often times the worst part of a hurricane is the aftermath. Flooding and standing water lead to a sudden excess of mosquitoes. With misting systems, you have the power to spray whenever you need with your manual remote, so if extra treatment is needed it’s at your fingertips.
- Misting systems are there for you all year long. For example, maybe you’ve turned off the automatic spray for the winter months but there is a sudden spike in temperature mid-winter. Again your manual remote is there for whenever you need an unexpected treatment.
- Maybe a screened in area was on your list of must-haves when purchasing a home, but other necessities became more important. Our mosquito misting system is definitely more cost-effective than home additions. And more effective, period, when it comes to controlling annoying midges and mosquitoes.
At Mosquito Squad of Melbourne-Port St. Lucie we know the nuisance that flying bugs really are. It’s a constant and practically year long battle here in Southeast Florida. Screened in patios and pool areas are great to have, but they really aren’t enough. Having a mosquito misting system to go with them is the difference between hiding from the bugs and eliminating them. Our systems are set up to automatically emit mosquito treatment up to 4 times daily with a manual remote for times you feel you need a little extra. It combines that ease of automation with a second level of control. It takes protection to the highest level with the most ease. Call us today and let’s discuss the plan best for you and your living space.