The phones have been ringing off the hook here at Mosquito Squad of Louisville. The consistent rainfall and warm temperatures have mosquito populations booming. To make matters worse, mosquitoes are more than just annoying; mosquito surveillance has already returned a positive sample for West Nile Virus. A few reminders for surviving a busy Louisville mosquito season.
- Know the symptoms of West Nile virus so you can seek medical help if necessary.
- One bottle cap of standing water can produce hundreds of new mosquitoes in a week. Keep your yard free of standing water.
- Mosquito Squad can eliminate up to 90% of mosquitoes on your property with our 100% satisfaction guaranteed mosquito barrier treatment.
- When enjoying an outdoor adventure in untreated places, use a mosquito repellent on all exposed skin, one that contains DEET will work the best.
- Horses are at risk for Eastern Equine Encephalitis, so be sure your horses are protected with mosquito control and the recommended vaccines.
- Our dogs and cats can contract heartworm from mosquito bites; make sure you follow your veterinarians recommended prevention method.
- Mosquitoes will remain active as long as the weather stays above 50 degrees. So don’t let up on your mosquito bite prevention until summer temperatures have let up completely.
Mosquito bites are annoying. Mosquito-borne diseases are dangerous and sometimes deadly. When you’re at home enjoying the gorgeous Louisville summer, make it easy to avoid mosquito bites with our mosquito barrier treatment.
With Mosquito Squad on your side, you can host summer parties, enjoy evenings on the deck, and enjoy every minute of gardening without stinky spray or annoying mosquito bites.
Call us today to get a free quote for the best mosquito control services in Louisville.