How Much Does Opening a Mosquito Squad Franchise Cost?
The upside of opening a Mosquito Squad is significant. Luckily, the investment required to do so isn’t! Mosquito Squad not only takes the sting out of the insects, but the initial franchise investment as well. The initial investment of $109,465 – $167,150* will be needed for necessities such as training, initial inventory, tools, equipment and launch marketing, in addition to the franchise fee.
This low initial commitment becomes even more appealing when combined with the relatively quick start-up period involved. In most cases you can hit the ground running within 30 days of training and begin seeing your revenue potential in the time it takes other businesses to just begin laying the groundwork.
A Low-Cost Franchise Opportunity
When new franchise owners pick Mosquito Squad, they are starting a business that has one of the lowest costs of entry in franchising. If you’re an honorably discharged veteran, ask us about our franchise fee discount of 30 percent.
Our franchise fee* starts at $40,000 and its final cost is determined by the size of a location's territory and its population.
- Royalty Fee: 8% to 10%. This percentage is influenced by how successful your location is. The busier your business is, the smaller your royalty rate will be!
- Marketing Fund: $150 per month for the first 12 months.
- Technology Fee: $185 per month plus an additional $25 per user.
We’re proud members of the International Franchise Association (“IFA”) and participate in the IFA’s VetFran® Program. With VetFran, we reduce the total of the Franchise Fee and Territory Fee by 30% for all honorably discharged veterans of American and Canadian armed forces. This discount is for the first franchise only.
Diversification Discount for Women & Minorities
We’re proud members of the International Franchise Association's (“IFA”) DiversityFran® Program, which provides a reduced franchise fee of $5,000 for minority owned and women-owned businesses. To qualify for the Diversity Discount, the franchised business must be at least 51% owned by a woman or minority. Discounts may not be combined. This discount is for the first franchise only.
Authority Brands uses the power of the franchise system to transform the home services industry and keep small businesses alive at the heart of the economy. We have a deep commitment to giving franchise owners all the tools they need to operate a successful business, and part of that includes making the unreachable reachable for communities that face additional barriers to entry. Through the International Franchise Association’s VetFran and DiversityFran programs, we are creating more veteran-, woman-, and minority-owned businesses. Let’s talk today about how those programs can work for you.
We Make Starting a Business as Simple as We Make Mosquito Control
Our franchisees enjoy the benefits of owning a business that doesn’t have the operational costs associated with many brick-and-mortar franchises. Notably, you can start your new business from your home and expand to an office when you decide it’s needed! Our franchise team is always ready to train, support, and provide the tools our franchisees need for success.
Many first-time franchise owners turn to financing to make opening their new business’s upfront costs more manageable. Opening a new business is an important decision, and many new owners enjoy the financial relief offered by financing. It can also be a smart business decision—paying a portion of the investment, including the franchising fee and financing the rest is a great way to ensure you have extra capital for the operational costs of your new business. We’re ready to work with you to decide the best options for your financial situation.
Types of financing our franchisees have used include:
- SBA Loans – A loan obtained from the United States Small Business Administration. To get this loan, potential franchisees will need to submit documentation about their business and financial information. This loan requires collateral.
- Home equity loans – If you own a home, it might have equity that you can use to kickstart your Mosquito Squad franchise. Generally speaking, home equity loans are inexpensive and offer tax benefits.
- Retirement funds – Those with retirement funds such as a 401(k) or IRA might be able to use their fund without penalty instead of taking out a loan. Speaking with a qualified financial advisor will help you decide if using your retirement funds to start your business is the right option for you.