Outdoor Fun activities and it’s importance
Why outdoor activities are important:
Outdoor play also enables children to enjoy the natural environment and learn to seek out exercise, fresh air, and activity. There is something fundamentally healthy about using the outdoors. Thus outdoor play develops disposition for the outdoors, for physical activity, and for care of the environment. Children who engage in lots of physical activities at school tend to engage in more energetic activities at home, while children who have childcare and school experiences that lack active physical activity, engage in more sedentary behaviors at home, such as watching TV and computer use
Everyone who works with young children in early childhood programs and schools knows how quickly bacteria and viruses spread in these environments. One way to reduce the spread of infection is through lots and lots of fresh air.
Engaging in gardening – garden activities:
Working in the garden provides benefits that include:
- Enjoyment – from the physical activity
- Exercise – improves your endurance, strength, mobility and flexibility, and mental health
- Relaxation – helps you relax and reduce stress levels
- Fresh food – provides you and your family with a healthy variety of inexpensive fresh food.
Whatever your age or level of ability, you can enjoy gardening, have fun and develop new skills, including:
- Responsibility – from caring for and tending plants
- Understanding – learning about cause and effect (for example, plants die without water)
- Self-confidence – from achieving goals and enjoying the food you have grown
- Love of nature – from learning about the outdoor environment in a safe and pleasant place
- Reasoning and discovery – learning about the science of plants, animals, weather, the environment, nutrition and simple construction
- Physical activity – which is fun and good for your fitness
- Cooperation – including shared activity and teamwork
- Creativity – from finding new and exciting ways to grow food
- Nutrition – learning about sources of fresh food and how to cook the food you grow in the garden.
fun things to do with your family in the garden
- Go on a nature trail. Start at one end of the garden and make your way to the other end, Echo reports.
- Make some rubbings.
- Make a fairy or dinosaur garden.
- Make bird feeders.
- Do some bird watching.
- Build a bug hotel.
- Plant some flowers.
- Leaf drawing
- DIY crazy golf course. What can you find around your house to make a crazy golf course.
- Garden picnic. Eat alfresco!
- BBQ. A classic!
- Home festival. I have to admit, I stole this idea from a colleague.
- Assault course.
How to make your home garden a perfect place for fun activities:
Make your garden the best place of the house for spending quality time with family. Fill your garden with beautiful plants and make it a peaceful place. Engage kids in gardening and other healthy activities.
Make your Garden a mosquito free place to fully enjoy outdoor activities. Here are some ways you can use to reduce mosquitoes:
- Eliminate standing water around your home.
- Move potted plants indoors.
- Place herbs and scented oils around your backyard.
- Scatter coffee grounds.
- Grow insect-repellent plants.
- Install a drain in planter boxes.
- Install insect-repelling lights around your yard.
- Use mosquito repellents
How mosquito repellent spray works:
Mosquito sprays for the yard are ideal prior to a backyard event. Depending on the product, sprays available to homeowners can last up to a few hours or several days. Professional applications tend to last longer because licensed pest control specialists have expertise and access to professional-grade products and can administer them using a more effective method.
Active ingredients in common lawn, landscape, yard and garden insecticides can be toxic to other living things, so you and your pets should not enter the yard until after the spray has dried. Read and strictly follow the label instructions on the product prior to using it to help ensure it is being used safely. Additionally, it is important to be aware of other native wildlife and not spray where other living animals could be harmed.
Many assume that the only way to get rid of mosquitoes during the warmer months is either to coat their bodies with mosquito repellent (that is usually sticky and smelly) or to use a mosquito fogger. Not so fast! Another way to solve your pest problems is to use a mosquito spray on your yard.