Are you spending your evening picking ticks off of your dog, despite applying a monthly tick preventative? The truth about veterinarian prescribed tick control for your dogs is that it is not 100% effective. Especially for Central Massachusetts residence, where the tick population is sky-rocketing, your dog is likely coming in each day with a few ticks despite your best efforts. The reality is that without any tick control measures, your dog quite likely would be coming in with more than just a few ticks on him/her.
The problem: Ticks are not only a nuisance but are very dangerous to our furry family members. They can pass on dangerous diseases such as Rocky Mountain spotted fever, Lyme Disease, Ehrlichiosis and Babesiosis. As furbaby loving people, we’ll do almost anything to protect our pets. Almost…
6 TIPS YOU SHOULD NOT FOLLOW IN PROTECTING YOUR DOGS FROM TICKS
- Tie your dog on a line so he/she can’t reach the woods, tall grass or shrubs on the perimeter of your property.
- Keep all pets indoors except for occasional walks on the sidewalk, being careful not to let them sniff any tall grasses.
- Teach your dog to do his/her business on a puppy pad in the house to avoid going outdoors all-together.
- Quit playing fetch in the backyard, the ball may roll under shrubs where ticks can be hiding.
- Hang tick collars all around your fence to keep ticks out.
- Scour the Internet for the best DIY remedies to mist on your furry friend & yard.
HOW CAN I PROTECT MY DOG FROM TICKS BEYOND TOPICAL MEDICATION?
Take back your evenings and give your dog his freedom back with Intensive Tick Control by Mosquito Squad of Chelmsford & Cambridge. Keeping your fur-baby healthy is a great reason to take further measures to avoid ticks and tick bites without inhibiting your dog’s activity level and outdoor fun.
Our Intensive Tick Control is a combination of tick barrier treatment and twice per year tick tube placement. The tick tubes eliminate larvae and nymph ticks when they nest with rodents for their first blood meal. The tick barrier treatment eliminates ticks on contact and continues to work for 2-3 weeks. The combined effort results in an 85-90% reduction of ticks on your property.
Call us at (978) 381-4028 to schedule your consultation!