I am really looking forward to summer this year, and all of the fun activities that go along with it. Soon my kids will be back on their summer swim team, the Pflugerville Piranhas, and the girls will be going back to Pflugerville Pfun Camp! We have season passes this year to Typhoon Texas, and the twins will be going to band camps at the University of Texas and Texas State. My oldest son will also be back in town after his first year at University of Houston. We wilI be dusting off the grill, lighting up the fire pit, breaking out the ladderball set and getting ready to enjoy some time out in the backyard.
Of course that means that the mosquitoes will be back again, and if we want to enjoy the yard, in addition to setting up our Mosquito Squad service for the summer, we will be spending some time getting the yard ready. There are some basic things that we always do to make sure we aren't inviting the little bloodsuckers in. Anyone can follow these simple steps.
Take a look at this video about the Five Ts of mosquito control!
- T Tip out any standing water from potted plants, toys and other items
- T Toss out any yard debris or leaf piles
- T Turn over kiddie pools or plant pots that are stored outside
- T Tarp - tighten tarps over grills and boats, and dry and store unused tarps where they can't hold water
- T Treat your yard by giving Mosquito Squad a call!